The CBDC, through the Illinois Tollway Technical Assistance Program, can provide your company with a wide range of valuable services.
The Construction Business Development Center holds a variety of classes, workshops, and networking events throughout the year that contractors can attend. They may be offered on one of our two college campuses, live via webinar, or online for independent access at your convenience.
Workshops on campus or via webinar are typically one to three hours long. Networking events take place on campus and usually last half a day. Classes are scheduled based on clients’ needs and availability. Please visit our calendar for more information.
To participate in our programming, you must first become a client. Then you are encouraged to participate in our class availability surveys so that we can better serve your needs.
Are you eligible for our technical assistance?
Do you have . . .
- experience in a construction-related industry?
- a business license in the state of Illinois?
- a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)?
- basic bookkeeping skills?
- computer access and basic computer skills?
If so, we can help you! Next steps:
- Visit our Apply page to download and submit the required documents for the Technical Assistance Program.
- If your business meets the Illinois Tollway’s requirements to receive assistance, we will develop a customized plan to address the needs of your business.
- If you do not meet the program criteria, we will refer you to other resources.
The CBDC can assist you with:
- Access to capital / Financing
- Bonding / Insurance
- Business management & operations (including: accounting, back office support, networking, project management/operations)
- Estimating / Bid Assistance (including: contract/legal assistance, mock bids, pre-bid evaluations, post-bid debriefing, and post-contract assistance)
- Capital Development Board / IDOT pre-qualification application and registration assistance
- Prevailing wage and labor issues
- QuickBooks training for contractors
- Safety / Field operations (including OSHA 10 and OSHA 30)
- Website development