The Illinois Tollway’s and Construction Business Development Center’s technical assistance program is designed to prepare established transportation-related construction firms including disadvantaged, minority, and women-owned business enterprise (D/M/WBE) firms, service-disabled, veteran-owned small businesses (SDVOSB) and veteran-owned small businesses (VOSB) as well as small businesses to participate on highway and vertical construction contracts.
Access to capital/Financing
Business management & operations (including: accounting, back office support, networking, project management/operations)
Estimating/Bid Assistance (including: contract/legal assistance, mock bids, pre-bid evaluations, post-bid debriefing, and post-contract assistance)
Capital Development Board/IDOT prequalification application/registration assistance
Prevailing wage and labor issues
QuickBooks for contractors (including: software training and one-on-one review)
Safety/ Field operations (including: OSHA-10 & OSHA-30 with safety plans)
The Construction Business Development Center holds various classes and workshops and networking events throughout the year that contractors can attend: in person on our campuses, live via webinar and online independently.
– Workshops are typically one to three hours long (on campus/ via webinar)
– Networking events are typically half a day (AM or PM on campus)
– Classes are scheduled year round based on clients’ needs and their availability and are accessible online on demand (classes will be posted soon) or on campus/via webinar. Please visit or calendar for more information and apply to our program to register and participate in class availability surveys.
– Experience in a construction-related industry
– Licensed to do business in the state of Illinois
– Federal Employer Identification Number
– Basic bookkeeping
– Computer access and basic computer skills
HOW TO APPLY
– Submit a completed Technical Assistance Program application
1. Download and complete our application, assessment and questionnaire by clicking on the links above ↑
2. Submit your paperwork via emailing us (see emails at right), mailing or faxing the documents to (708) 709-7883.
– An assessment will be conducted to determine applicant’s needs and review program guidelines.
– A technical assistance plan will be developed to assist participants with business needs.
*Applicants who do not meet program criteria will be referred to other resources.
Are you ready to get started?
Please review your eligibility, how to apply and download our application, assessment and questionnaire forms from the links above.
Contact a representative from one of the colleges listed on the right with any questions!